Elder abuse cases can include potential neglect and abuse in both nursing home and assisted living facilities.
Many elder abuse cases include witnessed or unwitnessed falls, pressure ulcers or deep tissue injuries and possible elopement.
Abuse can happen in many places, including the older person’s home, a family member’s house, an assisted living facility, or a nursing home.
There are many types of abuse:
- Physical abuse happens when someone causes bodily harm by hitting, pushing, or slapping elderly adults who are in their care.
- Emotional abuse, sometimes called psychological abuse, can include a caregiver saying hurtful words, yelling, threatening, or repeatedly ignoring the older person. Keeping that person from seeing close friends and relatives is another form of emotional abuse.
- Neglect occurs when the caregiver does not try to respond to the older person’s needs.
- Abandonment is leaving a senior alone without planning for his or her care.
- Sexual abuse involves a caregiver forcing an older adult to watch or be part of sexual acts.
- Financial abuse happens when money or belongings are stolen, include forging checks, taking someone else’s retirement and Social Security benefits, or using another person’s credit cards and bank accounts. It also includes changing names on a will, bank account, life insurance policy, or title to a house without permission from the older person.
- Healthcare fraud can be committed by doctors, hospital staff, and other healthcare workers. It includes overcharging, billing twice for the same service, falsifying Medicaid or Medicare claims, or charging for care that wasn’t provided. Older adults and caregivers should keep an eye out for this type of fraud.
At Krug Consulting, we have a passion for our senior population. We will investigate and get to the bottom of every allegation. We will find appropriate testifying experts for attorneys pursuing these types of cases.
Our nursing knowledge, clinical experience & integrity are invaluable assets for your team & your cases…
Click here to Contact Us via email or Call (844)-LNC-KRUG (844)-562-5784