Life Coaching: What is more comfortable: Working toward your goals alone through trial and error, or seeking the guidance and direction of someone who has ‘been there, done that, bought the t-shirt’?
The answer is clear. When you seek advice from someone who has been through it all before, you avoid making the same mistakes. You can spend your time and energy on what truly works. That is the power of a life coach.
Think of yourself with a set plan and just the right advice. Life coaching can cut months off the time it would have taken you to achieve your goals.
Seven reasons to work with a life coach:
1. Builds confidence. You recognize you are under the direction of someone successful and that your goals are possible.
2. Guided plan. You can draft a plan by yourself. But, when you write out your goals with a coach’s help, you know you are making a realistic plan that will work. Your life coach will know shortcuts and can keep you accountable as well.
3. Conflicts. Life coaches help you handle existing conflicts and tensions in your life. They also give you tips on how to avoid similar circumstances in your future.
4. Personal consideration. Life coaching allows you to get one on one attention, so you are personally steered along your chosen path. If you run into struggles, your life coach will be there to provide much-needed support and recommendations.
5. Handling challenges. Things will not always go the way plan. When you hit a snag, your life coach can help you conquer the challenge and steer you back in the proper direction. You can feel comfortable knowing that you are receiving her guidance.
6. Versatility. You can decide how you will utilize a life coach. Would you like support working on your goals (short or long-term)? Maybe you would like help with both.
7. Enthusiasm. Your life coach has a great deal of passion for their work. Their enthusiasm will easily rub off on you. It is challenging to keep up your drive, but thankfully, inspiration is one of the main reasons life coaches exist.
Find Life Coaching That Is a Right Fit for You
It is helpful to keep in mind a few tips when searching for a coach that will mesh well with your style.
1. Review any testimonials, referrals, and reviews about your potential life coaches. Ask around and try to talk to someone else who has been transformed by this life coach. After all, a good referral is always more trusted!
2. Please communicate with your potential life coach and see what her communication style is. Ask yourself whether or not you think you would get along well with her. Some people might think the life coach is fabulous, but if you do not think you will communicate well, it may not be a good fit.
3. Make sure your coaching sessions are in a format that you find comfortable. With our modern technology, we connect in several different ways. Life coaching sessions can take place over the phone, email, video conferencing, or in-person. Ask yourself whether you are the type of person that needs to meet face to face.
In the end, you should be pleased with yourself for seeking support. Follow these approaches to find a great life coach for you and jumpstart your journey into your desired lifestyle.
Also read my blog: What is a Life Coach and Do You Really Need One?